Personal, social and emotional development
- Building self-confidence and self-esteem, developing character, growing child’s disposition and attitude, making relationships, self-care, behavior and self-control, sense of community
- Being creative, responding to experiences, expressing and communicating ideas, exploring media and materials, creating music and dance, developing imagination and imaginative play
- Understanding movement and space, health and bodily awareness, using equipment and materials
Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Opportunities to explore and investigate, design and create things, acquire skills in Information Technology (IT), recognize events and times in their day to day life and embracing differences and communities.
Numeracy and mathematical development
- Problem solving and reasoning, numbers as labels for counting, calculating, making comparisons, recognizing shapes and patterns in pictures, categorize and organize objects
- Communication, language and literacy
- Learn new words and use them to communicate, use language for thinking and share experiences. Link and distinguish sounds and letters. Introduction to reading through stories, rhymes, songs. Distinguish between different marks they make and handwriting by the use of writing tools and equipment to form letters or make marks.